미국교과서 읽는 리딩
Talk Talk Talk
Can you Believe it
WONDERS OF ENGLISH
필리핀 국제학교 대비반
I am coral. Some people think that I’m just a rock. When in fact. I’m the largest thing alive on this planet. I’m so big. I can be seen from space. But for how long? I grow for almost 250 million years. And, humans came along and now 1/5 of me is gone. Sure, I live at the bottom of the sea and you might not see me that often, but you do need me. Do you realize that ¼ of all marine life depends on me? I am the nursery of the sea. Little fish depends on me for food, and to hide form the big fish. That’s tight. You do. I am the protein factory of the world. Yet you raise the temperature of the ocean so I can’t live here anymore, and when big storms and tsunamis barrel through the ocean, I’m your fortress. Yet, you tear me apart with dynamite and poison me with cyanide. Well, here’s a crazy thought stop killing me.
● Marine life, or sea life or ocean life, is the plants, animals and other organisms that live in the salt water of the sea or ocean,
● Nursery (noun) habitat where juveniles grow
● Depend (verb) rely on.
● Protein (noun) highly complex substance that is present in all living organisms.
● Tsunami (noun) giant waves caused by earthquakes or volcanic eruptions under the sea
● Barrel through (verb phrase) to move very quickly in a deliberate or determined way
● Fortress (noun) A fortress is a castle or other large strong building, or a well-protected place, w
● Dynamite (noun) a high explosive consisting of nitroglycerine mixed with an absorbent material and typically molded into sticks.
● poison (noun) a substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed.
● cyanide (noun) a salt or ester of hydrocyanic acid, containing the anion CN− or the group —CN. The salts are generally extremely toxic.
잉글리쉬700 ㅣ (주)정성교육 ㅣ 대표: 윤재량
사업자 번호: 658-88-01261 ㅣ통신판매업신고번호: 제 2020-서울서초-2961호
서울 강남 사무소 : 서울 서초구 서초동 1319-11 번지 두산베어스텔 5층505호 A+ Advance Academy
Tel: 02-537-2770 / Fax : 02-6008-2713 ☞ 오시는 길
부산사무실 : 부산시 중구 중앙동4가 76-2번지 에이플러스빌딩2층 Tel: 051-803-8205 ☞ 오시는 길
A+ Advance School Of English, INC. firstname.lastname@example.org 바기오 학원연합회 회원교
Business Permit Number : 3332-08, SSP Number : MCL-2008-010, SEC Number : CN200731008, TESDA Number : NTR-08-14-03-1658
Elegant Campus : elegant hotel 421 magsaysay Avenue. Baguio City / 긴급 연락처 : 부원장(0915 135 3467)/카톡 @잉글리쉬700 ,
EnglishZone Campus: 6 P. GUEVARRA ST. BRGY. WEST MODERN SITE AURORA HILL BAGUIO CITY
원장실 074 423 3354 도서관 074-442-1277 교무실 074-442-1409